The Law Office of Edgardo Martinez, LLC is experienced with all types of immigration and visa cases including E-2. The E-2 is a classification that allows a national of a treaty country to be admitted to the United States when they have invested a substantial amount of capital in a U.S. business. There are 5 key requirements that one must meet to qualify to apply for an E-2. These requirements are the following:
1) As a treaty investor, you must be coming to the United States to invest in a new or existing enterprise.
2) Your investment must be in a bona fide enterprise and may not be marginal.
3) You must be in possession of the funds you will invest and the funds must be committed to your business.
4) You must be able to provide the source of your funding.
5) You must be coming to the United States to develop and direct the enterprise.
Please refer to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services for more information. If you think that you qualify to file for an E-2 then contact Edgardo Martinez today! Immigration and visas can be confusing. There is a lot of red tape to navigate. Give yourself the best possible chance by partnering with an immigration law attorney!